how to see history of just one file ?
Jon Elson
2017-03-05 20:48:52 UTC
Sorry to have to ask, is there a way to see the history of
commits on just one file in git.linuxcnc.org ?

git log from the local repo shows no changes since 2014,
which sounds right.

Jon
andy pugh
2017-03-05 23:05:02 UTC
Post by Jon Elson
Sorry to have to ask, is there a way to see the history of
commits on just one file in git.linuxcnc.org ?
If you click on "tree" on any of the front-page list entries, then
navigate to the file folder, there is a "history" link for every file.
--
atp
lunatics."
Jon Elson
2017-03-05 23:11:13 UTC
Post by andy pugh
Post by Jon Elson
Sorry to have to ask, is there a way to see the history of
commits on just one file in git.linuxcnc.org ?
If you click on "tree" on any of the front-page list entries, then
navigate to the file folder, there is a "history" link for every file.
Well, I tried this several ways, and I always seem to get
the history for the ENTIRE branch, not just for that file.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Jon
John Thornton

Sebastian Kuzminsky
2017-03-05 23:50:49 UTC
Post by Jon Elson
Sorry to have to ask, is there a way to see the history of
commits on just one file in git.linuxcnc.org ?
git log from the local repo shows no changes since 2014,
which sounds right.
I don't know how to do that on the web interface at git.linuxcnc.org, I
always do it locally:

git fetch origin
git log origin/master -- src/Makefile
# ... or whatever branch & file you care about
Sebastian Kuzminsky
Jon Elson
2017-03-06 01:11:04 UTC
Post by Sebastian Kuzminsky
I don't know how to do that on the web interface at
git.linuxcnc.org, I always do it locally: git fetch origin
git log origin/master -- src/Makefile # ... or whatever
branch & file you care about
Yup, I find the git web interface to be so fast to pull up a
file. But, yes, the local git repo does give me the history.

Thanks,

Jon
Charles Steinkuehler
2017-03-05 21:44:24 UTC
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commits/master/src/Makefile
Note that you get to this page by clicking the "History" button when
you are looking at any file or directory when browsing the repository
on GitHub.
--
Charles Steinkuehler
***@steinkuehler.net