A tweak to Touchy?
andy pugh
2017-04-17 14:48:21 UTC
My lathe is set up with the Touchy interface. However I am not using
the touchy jog-counts input as I have 4 separate wheels for jogging X
and Z and for spindle and feed override. (I don't currently have a way
to alter maxv or to move the restart point, but I haven't felt the
need yet)

I was having a problem with my lathe booting up with feed and spindle
overrides set very low[1] and was finally prompted to try to get
Touchy to report the current override value in the case where it was
set from another source.

I added a couple of lines around line 798 in touchy.py

+ self.fo_val = s.feedrate * 100
+ self.so_val = s.spindlerate * 100
set_label(self.wTree.get_widget("fo").child, "FO:
%d%%" % self.fo_val)
set_label(self.wTree.get_widget("so").child, "SO:
%d%%" % self.so_val)
set_label(self.wTree.get_widget("mv").child, "MV: %d"
% self.mv_val)

Experiment shows that with this change Touchy displays over-rides
sourced from halui as well as internally. (ie, both Touchy and halui
count pins can change the setting, and Touchy reports both)

I think this is better, but I am cautious of pushing it as a
modification in case it is a bad idea in a way that I can't see.

[1] Fixed by setting the halui.xxx-override.count-enable pin false
then to true only in in the postgui, the Mesa card jogwheel counts on
smart-serial boards don't reset between startups so the system can see
a large delta at time.
--
atp
lunatics."
sam sokolik
2017-04-17 15:04:33 UTC
On the Matsuura - I found this out also (counts not resetting between
launches of linuxcnc). (the encoder counters on the 7i73)

I think I got around it by applying the reset pulse to the encoder
counter in hal as linuxcnc booted. (I think peter had a better solution
but I don't remember what it was)

sam
a large delta at time.
andy pugh
2017-04-17 15:26:28 UTC
Post by sam sokolik
I think I got around it by applying the reset pulse to the encoder
counter in hal as linuxcnc booted. (I think peter had a better solution
but I don't remember what it was)
I think turning off the count-enable until after HAL has started might
be the way. (and that seems to be working for me)
--
atp
lunatics."