Error dialog copy/paste
Add Reply
andy pugh
2017-05-29 09:57:53 UTC
New users appear to struggle with copying and pasting from the
LinuxCNC startup error dialog.

It appears that you need to press the "select all" button, then use
Ctrl-C to copy, and that you need to paste to the destination document
before closing the dialog.

The second part of that is possibly built-in behaviour beyond our control?

Would a "copy all to clipboard" button make more sense than a "select
all" button? It wouldn't require the users to know the Ctrl-C
combination. (the people most likely to see that dialog are new users,
often equally new to Linux)
--
atp
lunatics."
John Thornton

often equally new to Linux)
andy pugh
2017-05-29 22:31:59 UTC
Is that a TCL dialog? and yes I agree it is difficult to copy from unless
you know the secret keys. I assume your talking about Axis...
I think the dialog is brought up by the LinuxCNC startup script, so is
not GUI-dependent.
--
atp
lunatics."