A small whine
Gene Heskett
2017-07-09 23:56:03 UTC
Greetings folks;

1. On the pi, running something resembling Jessie.

On of the things I would love to see fixed is the axis indicator buttons
that follow the last motion requested from the keyboard, so one can
drive an axis to where you want it, and then do a touch-off to that
axis.

Unfortunately this does not occur when using my jog dials, the marked
axis is not updated when using the jog dials. This has on several
occasions when I am not paying enough attention and do not click the
axis being adjusted prior to initiation of the touch-off, making me
start all over.

My reading of the man pages for motion does seem to give a pin to hit.
Presently I have a retriggerable timer that feeds axis.#.jog-enable,
driving it high to enable the dial to work until 5 seconds after
movement has stopped. So the # axis.L.jog-enable is being stroked by
the timer, which is started by the pushbutton release that enables that
dial.

Is this something I can fix with another net target?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Gene Heskett
2017-07-12 02:48:12 UTC
On Sunday 09 July 2017 19:56:03 Gene Heskett wrote:

Update, see below;
Post by Gene Heskett
[...]
I saw there was a new 2.8.0-pre1-3242 earlier this evening, so I
installed it on the pi, in hopes this was fixed. I hate to complain, but
its fixed so it does not work now. According to a halmeter and the axis
gui additions, its working, but the motors aren't being moved. I was
feeding the jog-enable signal only to the the axis.x|z.jog-enable, but
have now netted it to the matching joint.0|1.jog-enable pins with no
effect. jog-scale of either axis is following the dial within its
limits, and it registering in the gui just fine. Then I noted that I was
not driving the equ in the joint.N list, so I paralleled them in the net
statements too, and my dials are now functional again.

But my initial whine is still there, using the keyboard arrows makes the
axis buttons in the axis left panel follow them, but activating a dial
and moving the machine with it has no effect on those clickable axis
tally buttons.

If this is not an easy fix, I'll get used to it, and say thank you for
some great software. Because I think it is great software. :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)