Latency Histogram GUI
John Thornton
2017-02-26 13:08:01 UTC
I changed the gui to use Python 2.7 and it runs fine from the
/src/emc/usr_intf/lhgui directory when I make it an executable.

So far the steps I've taken are:
added lhgui to src/emc/usr_intf/lhgui
added submakefile to src/emc/usr_intf/lhgui
added emc/usr_intf/lhgui \ to src/Makefile
added lhgui.desktop to debian/usr/share/applications

after building I see lhgui in /bin and lib/python/lhgui I have
__init__.py and lh_gui.py

after make I did the following

You now need to run 'sudo make setuid' in order to run in place.
***@cave-mint ~/emc-lh-gui/src $ sudo make setuid
[sudo] password for john:
chown root ../bin/linuxcnc_module_helper
chmod 4750 ../bin/linuxcnc_module_helper
chown root ../bin/pci_write
chmod 4750 ../bin/pci_write
chown root ../bin/pci_read
chmod 4750 ../bin/pci_read
***@cave-mint ~/emc-lh-gui/src $ cd ..
***@cave-mint ~/emc-lh-gui $ . ./scripts/rip-environment
***@cave-mint ~/emc-lh-gui $ lhgui
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/john/emc-lh-gui/bin/lhgui", line 22, in <module>
from lh_gui import Ui_lh_gui
ImportError: No module named lh_gui
***@cave-mint ~/emc-lh-gui $

So I'm missing something but not sure what, the Submakefile is attached.
Also a screenshot of the launcher. What the launcher does is give the
user a place to make the selections and when you press Run Latency
Histogram the launcher disappears from the screen until you exit the
latency-histogram.

I created a branch jthornton/latency-histogram-gui should I push that
for review?

Thanks
JT