M2 on lathes
andy pugh
2017-01-26 12:00:55 UTC
Someone on the forum just noticed that, even on a lathe, where it
makes no sense, M2 resets to the XY plane.

Is this really correct behaviour?
--
atp
lunatics."
John Morris
2017-01-26 12:41:47 UTC
Post by andy pugh
Someone on the forum just noticed that, even on a lathe, where it
makes no sense, M2 resets to the XY plane.
Is this really correct behaviour?
There was a lot of discussion about this several months ago. This is a
non-trivial fix, and won't be fixed in 2.7. Rob's state tags work will
fix it, though, in an upcoming release. (My efforts to get it into
master have temporarily stalled out, but I'll be back at it soon.)
Search the github issue tracker if you're curious.

John
Gene Heskett
2017-01-26 12:51:26 UTC
Post by andy pugh
Someone on the forum just noticed that, even on a lathe, where it
makes no sense, M2 resets to the XY plane.
Is this really correct behaviour?
I've noticed that too, Andy. I don't think it should be, but I just put
the G18 into my code before the arc and kept on trucking. It wasn't a
showstopper for me at the time. What did surprise me was that I had the
G18 in the .ini files rs274 line of initializing gcodes and it still
needed it in the gcode file. T'weren't no biggie, so I never barked
about it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
John Thornton