Wierd Gcode error
Add Reply
andy pugh
2017-07-22 15:26:57 UTC
I get the sane error in both Gmoccapy and Axis:

G-Code error in jung.ngc
Near line 241 of
/home/emc/linuxcnc/nc_files/jung.ngc
Unable to open file <>

It's somewhere in here: (Line 241 is N248)
LinuxCNC master

N224 G0 Z1.404
N225 X8.828
N226 G1 X6. Z-0.01 F0.15
N227 Z-4.123
N228 G3 X6.031 Z-4.141 I-2.677 K-1.203
N229 G1 X6.821 Z-4.592
N230 G3 X6.899 Z-4.638 I-2.708 K-1.186
N231 G1 X7.5 Z-5.005
N232 X10.328 Z-6.419 F0.127
N233 G0 Z1.404
N234 X7.828
N235 G1 X5. Z-0.01 F0.15
N236 Z-3.6
N237 X5.049 Z-3.623
N238 G3 X5.169 Z-3.684 I-2.493 K-1.298
N239 G1 X5.936 Z-4.089
N240 G3 X6.031 Z-4.141 I-2.613 K-1.238
N241 G1 X6.5 Z-4.408
N242 X9.328 Z-5.823 F0.127
N243 G0 Z1.404
N244 X6.828
N245 G1 X4. Z-0.01 F0.15
N246 Z-3.133
N247 X4.152 Z-3.197
N248 G3 X4.313 Z-3.27 I-2.332 K-1.371
N249 G1 X5.049 Z-3.623
N250 G3 X5.169 Z-3.684 I-2.493 K-1.298
N251 G1 X5.5 Z-3.858
N252 X8.328 Z-5.273 F0.127
N253 G0 Z1.404
N254 X5.828
N255 G1 X3. Z-0.01 F0.15
N256 Z-2.725
N257 X3.287 Z-2.834
N258 G3 X3.453 Z-2.9 I-2.167 K-1.437
N259 G1 X4.152 Z-3.197
N260 G3 X4.313 Z-3.27 I-2.332 K-1.371
N261 G1 X4.5 Z-3.36
N262 X7.328 Z-1.946 F0.127
N263 G0 Z1.404
N264 X4.828
N265 G1 X2. Z-0.01 F0.15
N266 Z-2.398
N267 X2.237 Z-2.467
N268 G3 X2.438 Z-2.53 I-1.814 K-1.555
N269 G1 X2.788 Z-2.648
N270 G3 X2.939 Z-2.703 I-2.015 K-1.492
N271 G1 X3.287 Z-2.834
N272 G3 X3.453 Z-2.9 I-2.167 K-1.437
N273 G1 X3.5 Z-2.92
N274 X6.328 Z-1.506 F0.127
N275 G0 Z1.404
N276 X3.828
N277 G1 X1. Z-0.01 F0.15
N278 Z-2.155
--
atp
lunatics."
Jeff Epler
2017-07-22 15:46:34 UTC
It looks like I introduced a bug in 2.7.10 that causes axis/gremlin to
show any gcode error as "Unable to open file <>".

I'll get the bug fixed in 2.7 and master branches, I understand why it
is occurring. See issue #273 and pull #299. The problem results from
the way I worked around the interpreter not wanting to close the files
it's opened.

Jeff
andy pugh
2017-07-22 15:51:27 UTC
Post by Jeff Epler
I'll get the bug fixed in 2.7 and master branches, I understand why it
is occurring. See issue #273 and pull #299. The problem results from
the way I worked around the interpreter not wanting to close the files
it's opened.
That gets me part of the way there. I wonder what the G-code error is?
--
atp
lunatics."
andy pugh
2017-07-22 15:49:34 UTC
www.bodgesoc.org/jung.ngc
--
atp
lunatics."
Jeff Epler
2017-07-22 15:58:39 UTC
$ rs274 -g jung.ngc
292 N247 STRAIGHT_FEED(2.0760, 0.0000, -3.1970, 0.0000, 0.0000,
0.0000)
Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start:
start=(Z-3.1970,X2.0760) center=(Z-4.5680,X-0.2560)
end=(Z-3.2700,X2.1565) r1=2.7052 r2=2.7395 abs_err=0.03436
rel_err=1.2543%
N248 G3 X4.313 Z-3.27 I-2.332 K-1.371

Jeff
andy pugh