Help with JA differences in master.
Chris Morley
2017-03-13 08:20:32 UTC
Just working on some Gscreen work.

I'm having problems with homing using the linuxcnc python module.

while in manual mode I try to home and i get an error message:

Issuing EMC_TRAJ_SET_TELEOP_ENABLE -- ( +230,+16, +6, +1,)
Issuing EMC_JOINT_HOME -- ( +123,+16, +7, +0,)

must be in joint mode to home

Is it talking about motion mode ?

motion mode is in teleop mode and in the python docs there seems to be

no mention of joint mode aside from jogging.

This used to work fine before JA so what does JA now require?

Is there any specific documentation of the differences of JA for developers?

Thanks for any direction.

Chris M
Dewey Garrett
2017-03-13 13:17:07 UTC
Ref:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/python-interface.html

As an example, I started a non-identity kinematics sim config
(configs/sim/axis/ldelta_demo.ini) and then used python in
a separate terminal for control.

Session:

$ python
>>> import linuxcnc as l
>>> c=l.command()
>>> c.state(l.STATE_ESTOP_RESET) # out of estop
>>> c.state(l.STATE_ON) # machine on
>>> c.home(-1) # home all
>>> c.teleop_enable(0) # joint mode
>>> c.unhome(-1) # unhome all

Dewey Garrett
Chris Morley
2017-03-13 18:27:03 UTC
Thanks for the hints.

I realize that I didn't give much info on what my config was.

It's a 3 axis mill config that was converted with Andy's script for JA

Am I understanding right that:

One must explicitly set joint mode for homing.

Joint mode actually is free mode and to set that, one must issue a 'not teleop' command ?

A couple more questions.

Is there any other consequences of setting joint mode?

In the bigger picture, if one can only home in joint mode, could we not have linuxcnc

automatically set joint mode - home - then unset it?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris M

Programmatic access to NML is through a C++ API; however, the most important parts of the NML interface to LinuxCNC are also available to Python programs through the ...