Serial port HAL
andy pugh
2017-05-21 00:46:03 UTC
Is it possible to access the serial port from realtime? I see we have
a .comp to twiddle the handshake lines for a few more IO lines, but is
there are reason that (as far as I know) there are no components hat
attempt to send serial data through the serial port in realtime?
--
atp
lunatics."
Sebastian Kuzminsky
2017-05-21 02:55:25 UTC
Post by andy pugh
Is it possible to access the serial port from realtime? I see we have
a .comp to twiddle the handshake lines for a few more IO lines, but is
there are reason that (as far as I know) there are no components hat
attempt to send serial data through the serial port in realtime?
In our Wheezy image (which has linux-image-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae and
rtai-modules-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae) we have RTAI's serial driver,
rtai_serial.ko, but afaik there is no HAL interface for it (yet).
Sebastian Kuzminsky
Gene Heskett
2017-05-21 15:45:01 UTC
Post by Sebastian Kuzminsky
Post by andy pugh
Is it possible to access the serial port from realtime? I see we
have a .comp to twiddle the handshake lines for a few more IO lines,
but is there are reason that (as far as I know) there are no
components hat attempt to send serial data through the serial port
in realtime?
In our Wheezy image (which has linux-image-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae and
rtai-modules-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae) we have RTAI's serial driver,
rtai_serial.ko, but afaik there is no HAL interface for it (yet).
Where can I find a description of what this 160KB module does?

Thanks Sebastian.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)