Version 2.7 positioning problem during cnc operations
Stuart Stevenson
2017-03-29 14:37:20 UTC
Gentlemen,
This is connected to the G64 question I asked on the developers list
yesterday.

G64 P0 does not change the positioning problem on the machine.

Problem description:
desired machine motion
position XY with Z above the material/work level
move Z to material/work level
face mill top of material

encountered machine motion
position XY with Z above the material/work level
result as expected
move Z to material/work level
result not as expected - as the tool approaches the final Z
position
the tool moves an amount
toward the final XY position
and cuts into the
material/stock
face mill top of material
result as expected

The work around has been to add an intermediate point after the z move that
will cause the rounding to fall short of the material/stock
The BIG problem is the customer has many proven/certified programs making
parts on this machine. The quality manual requires a full first article
inspection procedure to be performed on the resultant machined part after
ANY change in the process. This is not acceptable to the customer.
Customer wants the machine to just perform like it did with the previous
(old) linuxcnc version.
Customer is asking for revision to old version if fix is not able to be
accomplished rather quickly.

thanks
Stuart
--
Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
Thank you for honoring my wish.
Jon Elson
2017-03-29 15:48:38 UTC
Post by Stuart Stevenson
Gentlemen,
This is connected to the G64 question I asked on the developers list
yesterday.
G64 P0 does not change the positioning problem on the machine.
desired machine motion
position XY with Z above the material/work level
move Z to material/work level
face mill top of material
encountered machine motion
position XY with Z above the material/work level
result as expected
move Z to material/work level
result not as expected - as the tool approaches the final Z
position
the tool moves an amount
toward the final XY position
and cuts into the
material/stock
face mill top of material
result as expected
Boy, this might be a case to refer to Robert Ellenberg, the
author of the new trajectory planner.
Do you have a G-code sample that you can send to him?

(I have to admit, I am NOT using 2.7 on my production
machine. I do have it on the desktop machine I had with me
at Helix.)

Jon
Jeff Johnson
2017-03-29 16:05:06 UTC